Cheers! Today marks two week into my Whole30. Yes, I am still rocking and rolling along. I stopped the everyday updates. The days started running together and there wasn’t much to update daily. So here I am. I do have a few tips and tricks I have learned along the way to make things go a bit more smooth during this journey.
Before I get into my tips and tricks, shout out to my best friend and her boyfriend as they start their first Whole30 today! Woo!
Tips & Tricks
- Always keep emergency snacks with you on-the-go. My favorites include:
- Epic bars, olives, almond butter packets, carrots, and apple.
- Don’t be afraid to ASK. Ask your waitress/waiter about ingredients. Ask the barista if you can read the ingredients on their coconut/almond milk (or bring your own). Ask the host of a party if you can help out and bring a dish (compliant of course, but they don’t have to know ;)).
- My out to eat go to orders:
- Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, side of avocado, little bowl of fruit
- Lunch: Salad with lots of veggies, olives, grilled chicken, with olive oil and lemon wedges.
- Dinner: Bunless burger (some places offer a lettuce wrap) with no cheese or sauce and a side salad instead of chips/fries.
- BYOSP. Bring your own sparkling water. It’s okay to be social! I am in my mid-twenties living in a college town home to a hundred microbreweries and big guys like New Belgium Brewing and Odell’s. It’s typical to socialize with friends and just hang out at a brewery. You can go! Bring a can of LaCroix or my favorite, Spindrift.
- Try new recipes! Fight boredom!
- It’s okay to have “non-breakfast” foods for breakfast. Salads, steak, salmon, broccoli, etc.
I hope these tricks can help you rock the rest of your Whole 30!