I am doing the January Whole30 reset. Two years ago, I did a Paleo Challenge that sort of morphed into a Whole30. I didn’t do my research. I was new to it all. I begun with paleo and as I did more research, I stumbled upon the Whole30 and began following the program then. I slipped a few times, I cut it a day short, I didn’t scrutinize labels… It wasn’t really a Whole30 at all, which brings me to now.
I know my stuff now. I know what’s compliant. I have read allllll the books. I have a support team and Whole30 buddies along with me. I am ready to go!
I am in the excited stage of my Whole30. Here I sit typing. Day one.
I plan on documenting my experiences here, much like last time, only this time, I promise to be compliant.
As the program states…
no cheats, slips, or “special occasions.”
I am here for the long haul–er, I mean, 30 days. And they will be long days indeed.
I am already hungry. My head already hurts (maybe my lack of caffeine…).
I did workout this morning, which probably explains my hunger. Sweet potato me please…
I figured while I am excited with more willpower on day one, I will write a list of why I’m doing the Whole30 and what I hope to gain in a collective list. I highly recommend this for day 25, you can go back to it and get re-inspired.
Reasons Why I am on Whole30
- My “sugar dragon” has been burning down the town again. And by town I mean my body. I want to slay my dragon again.
- Food. Freedom. Forever.
- More energy please.
- My knees has been creaking and popping. That’s never happened.
- Glowy skin.
- Greater self-love. Feed and nourish this only body my soul has to live in.
- Get back to healthy habits.
- Remember what health feels like.
Day One Meals:
- Breakfast: spinach/mushroom/leek Fritatta, 1/4 grapefruit
- Lunch: tuna, carrots, baby tomatos
- Snack: tea, almonds, banana
- Dinner: vegetable chicken chili
- Snack: orange