Hello beautiful souls.
It’s the Sunday before finals for me, and I am doing everything in my power to chill out. That’s right, actually chill and relax.
Finals are usually the time that student flip out. That used to be me, and well, deep down there is still a part of me that freaks out a tad… BUT I can control my stress levels.
Here is what I’ve been doing this weekend to prep my mind and body that DOESN’T involve the obvious studying.
- 7-8 hours of sleep—a must, especially during finals week. It seems counter-intutitive to most students… Less sleep, more study time, right? Wrong. Your brains needs sleep to process the information you’ve been studying all day. Sleep also keeps your immune system up because who wants to get sick during finals? Not me.
- sunshine & nature—take a break, get outside! Seriously, nothing gets me refreshed with a pep in my step then time outside. Go for a run/walk/bike ride. I like to combine outside time with exercise time. Two birds, one stone, ya know? Time is critical during finals and doubling up makes the difference.
- rolling & stretching—foam rolling, ice rolling, yoga and stretching. Calms the body and gets your systems awake and flowing. Cramped at a computer and desk all day? Get on the floor and stretch/roll every hour at least.
- hydration, hydration—lots of water and fluids please! I keep my water bottle right next to me to sip as I work. Also, to ensure some greens get into my body, I made this awesome, quick and easy smoothie. Again, because who has time to waste during finals week??
it’s easy being green smoothie
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 4 oz pineapple juice (or 2oz. lemon juice)
- big handful baby spinach
- 8 oz coconut or almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
Just blend and enjoy!